What is HR reMix? HR reMix is a blog dedicated to questioning how and why we do things in our organizations. Drawing on my professional experience and life in general I blog about HR, careers, current events, organizations, technology and anything else that piques my interest.
Why should you care about my thoughts and opinions? I could launch into a laundry list of my background and experience but I’ll leave you with the basics: I’ve worked in HR for a little less then ten years, in that time I’ve lived plenty of HR lives: HRIS Analyst, Recruiting, and Generalist roles. Just enough to make me dangerous! In addition to my prior work experience, I have an MBA with an HR concentration from Baldwin Wallace College and hold the PHR certification from the HRCI institute.
I started this blog for two reasons:
1. Contribute to the amazing HR blogging community. I’ve had the pleasure of recieving great advice and insight from the HR community. This is my attempt to give back and start some exciting discussions on my own.
2. I want to help YOU! If you have questions about work, need advice or just have a question about the HR world, please Email Me me.
Besides posting here about 2-3 times a week, I am a regular contributor to Performance I Create, an excellent multi-contributor HR blog.
I’ve also written a slew of material for other blogs:
- Networking for a job; Virtual or IRL? HR Virtual Cafe
- Three part series on implementing a Talent Management System over at the Kapta Systems Blog: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- How HR can work better with the CEO – Kapta Systems Blog
- On Jessica Miller – Merrell’s Blogging 4 Jobs blog:
A couple accolades I’ve recieved since startig this blog:
- #11 on HR Examiner’s Top 25 Influencers List: #11 – Melissa Fairman
- #11 on Spark Hire’s Top 25 Must Read Blogs for Employers
- Starr Conspiracy 40 under 40 HR Bloggers
And I was recently on the Drive Thru HR Show, check out the playback here:
Note: The views expressed on www.HRreMix.com are mine alone and do not reflect the views of any employer.
Playing violin, listening to music, reading, walking my dog, blogging, reading other blogs, the NFL